Admiration, Top of Mind, and Reputation
- Éxito is one of the brands closest to the heart of the Colombians, about which they are most enthusiastic”, according to the Top of Mind survey conducted by Invamer and Dinero magazine.
Admiration, Top of Mind and Reputation
"The Company Most Admired by Colombians”, according to a survey disseminated by the firm Raddar and the economics newspaper La República, in which more than 5,700 persons from in Colombian cities participated.
- Number One for “Best Corporate Reputation in the Food Retail Sector”, according to an analysis made by Reputation Institute and Goodwill Comunicaciones, published in the magazine Dinero.
- Éxito Is the Top of Mind Brand in the Supermarket Chain Segment for Colombians, according to the Top of Mind survey conducted by Invamer and the magazine Dinero.
- Éxito and Surtimax placed first and third, respectively, in the Top of Mind study conducted by the magazine Gerente, which measures brand positioning.
- Appeared in eight categories of the survey Élite empresarial 2011. The survey was conducted by Datexco and published in the economics newspaper Portafolio.
- First place for "Company with Most Social Contribution”
- Second place for "Company with the Best Customer Service”, for “Company with the best Strategy”, for “Most Admired Company”, and for "Company with the Best Quality".
- Third place for "Best Manager” awarded to Grupo Éxito CEO Gonzalo Restrepo López.
- Fourth place for "Best Managed Company” and for "The Most Powerful Brand”
- Éxito ranked fifth for The Company with the Best Reputation in Colombia and sixth for Responsible Organizations, according to Monitor Empresarial de Reputación Corporativa (MERCO).
Transparency in our results
- The Universidad de Antioquia Accounting Sciences Department Accounting Information Quality Observatory awarded Grupo Éxito second place for Premio a la Calidad (Quality Award) for accounting and corporate information disclosure.
Innovation and Development
- www.exito.com received the e-Commerce Award Colombia 2011 in the category "Retail e-Commerce Leaders in Colombia" granted by Instituto Latinoamericano de Comercio Electrónico (the Latin American e-Commerce Institute).
- The American magazine Progressive Grocer acknowledged Éxito Del Este in Medellín for the "Best Store Design" category in its Store Design Competition.
- Billboard.biz, the main source of news for the music industry in the world, published an article titled "Success Is Spelled E-X-I-T-O". This article talks about the successful commercial alliances that Grupo Éxito has made in the past three years with singers of international fame, such as Lady Gaga, Shakira, Carlos Vives, Julio Iglesias, and Fonseca.
- INVIMA certified the HACCP food safety system implementation for the production lines at the Company chicken, tamale, and meat processing plants.
- The State of Huila Assembly acknowledged Éxito for its 33 years of presence in the regional market.
- Fenalco granted the Company the "Méritos comerciales" (“Commercial Merit”) award at La Noche de los Mejores 2011 (2011 The Night for the Best) for its 55 years of affiliation to Fenalco Antioquia.
- Number Two for the Company in Colombia That Best Informs Its Shareholders”, according to the newspaper Portafolio.
- Third place among the Top 100 Colombian Companies, according to the magazine Semana.
- “One of the Largest Employers in Latin America”, according to Latin Business Chronicle.
- Number one among Retail Companies and Number Seven for the Company with the Best Corporate Reputation in the overall ranking, according to a study conducted by Monitor Empresarial de Reputación Corporativa (Merco) disseminated by Portafolio newspaper.
- Éxito obtained the highest score among 20 Colombian brands analyzed according to the index that measures consumer perception of sustainable performance. This study was conducted by Havas Media using the "Brands Sustainable Futures Quotient (BSF Quotient)" measurement.
Almacenes Éxito and Carulla
- Among the “50 Most Valuable Colombian Brands”, according to the firm Compassbranding.
- Éxito is the leading company in the supermarket category for the Top of Mind study conducted by the magazine Dinero and the company Gallup de Colombia.
- It received the Orden Pedro Nel Ospina Vásquez en grado de Gran Cruz Extraordinaria (Pedro Nel Ospina Vásquez Extraordinary Great Cross Award) for entrepreneurship, productivity, and competitiveness, granted by Sociedad Colombiana de Prensa y Medios de Comunicación (the Colombian Press and Media Society) in association with Fundación Pedro Nel Ospina Vásquez and the Congress of the Republic of Colombia.
For Sustainable Development
- Éxito Bello was recertified for another year in the ISO 14001 environmental care standard.
- The food industry of Grupo Éxito was among the 58 Bogotá companies that received an acknowledgment in the Élite (Elite) category for their results in favor of the environment from the Bogotá District Secretariat for the Environment through Programa de Excelencia Ambiental Distrital (District Environmental Excellency Program).
- The Grupo Éxito food industry received the Sello de Calidad en Carne de Res del proceso SGS (SGS Process Beef Quality Seal), backed by Federación Colombiana de Ganaderos (the Colombian Cattle Raising Federation).
- Laboratorio Carulla received the ISO 9001:2008 quality management systems standard certification by ICONTEC.
- The campaign "Medellín, el Éxito está en su gente" (“The Success of Medellín Lies in Its People/ Éxito Depends on the People of Medellín” developed by the advertising agency Sancho BBDO was granted two Sol de Plata awards in the “Media Innovation” and “Billboard Advertising” categories at the Ibero-American Advertising Festival.
- Rapp, the advertising agency that attends Carulla and Pomona won the Amauta award for developing a campaign aimed at pleasantly surprising their customers, granted by Asociación Latinoamericana de Marketing Directo – Almadi (the Latin American Direct Marketing Association).
- “Number Two for the Company in Colombia That Best Informs Its Shareholders”, according to the brokerage firm Interbolsa.
- “Éxito, the Supermarket Brand with the Best Recall among Colombians”, according to a study conducted by Revista Dinero.
- “Éxito, One of the Ten Companies with the Best Reputation in Colombia”, according to a study conducted by Monitor Empresarial de Reputación Corporativa (Merco).
- The Gourmand World Award was granted to the Éxito book "Un instante, un coctel, un bocado" (“A Moment, a Cocktail, a Bite to Eat”) written by María Lía Neira. This is the highest acknowledgment that a gastronomy book can receive.
- “Almacenes Éxito, One of the Most Admired Companies in Colombia”, according to the Invamer Gallup survey published in Revista Dinero’s annual report.
- “AAA Credit Rating with a stable forecast for Almacenes Éxito S.A. ordinary bonds”, according to Fitch Ratings Colombia.
- “Éxito, One of the 50 Most Valuable Colombian Brands”, according to a study conducted by the firm Compassbranding.
- Three Effie awards to Grupo Éxito. Seguros Éxito received two awards, one in the Financial Services category and the other in the Public and Private Services category. The collection Arkitect by Silvia Tcherassi won the award for best Clothing and Shoes.
- Orden al Mérito en el Grado de Cruz de Plata (Silver Cross Merit Award) awarded by the President of Colombia Álvaro Uribe Vélez to Gonzalo Restrepo López during the celebration of Éxito’s 60th Anniversary.
- Acknowledgment to the high level of commitment (96%) of Company chiefs, stated in a commitment study conducted by Instituto Hewitt.
- Industria Carulla received the HACCP food quality certification by Invima.
- The Amauta Award for the campaign “Fanáticos del Queso Carulla – Pomona” (“Carulla – Pomona Cheese Fans”), the maximum acknowledgment in direct interactive marketing in Latin America, granted by Asociación Latinoamericana de Marketing Directo – Almadi (the Latin American Direct Marketing Association).
- “Carulla Vivero S.A, One of the Companies with the Best Environmental Management”, according to the District Secretariat for the Environment through its Programa de Excelencia Ambiental - Pread (Environmental Excellency Program).
- "Orden Cacique Tundama" medal to the Ley Duitama supermarket, granted by the Duitama Mayor’s Office.
- ISO 9001 2008Certification in Quality Management System by Icontec to Didetexco.
- Exaltación al comerciante distinguido de FENALCO (FENALCO Award to Distinguished Merchants) granted by Federación Nacional de Comerciantes - FENALCO (Colombian National Merchants Federation) Tolima regional office to Almacenes Éxito in Ibagué.
- Medal for Offering Work Options to the Vulnerable Population. The Colombian State of Antioquia Assembly and the Antioquia Governor’s Office acknowledged Almacenes Éxito for giving more than 150 job opportunities to disabled persons.
- Premio Estrella de la Esperanza in the business category. Fundación CIREC that attends the disabled granted this award to Almacenes Éxito for giving more than 150 work opportunities to disabled persons.
- “The Brand with Most Recall among the Colombians”, according to a study conducted by the magazine Dinero and the polling company Invamer Gallup, the level of recall for the Éxito brand is rising and it is the brand with the most recall among Colombian consumers in the department store category.
- The Casino group flagship promotion. “La combinación Ganadora” de Almacenes Éxito (Almacenes Éxito’s “The Winning Combination”) promotion was selected from among 47 proposals from 17 brands from among seven (7) countries.
- Acknowledgement for Corporate Transparency. According to a study conducted by the firm Interbolsa, Grupo Éxito places second for the Colombian Company with Most Corporate Transparency. The study was made considering 18 Colombian companies. Grupo Éxito ranked among the best six (6) companies in all of the categories, with an average score of 78.5 over a possible 100.
- Orden al mérito cívico (Civic Merit Award) granted by the Colombo-American Chamber of Commerce to Fundación Éxito in acknowledgment of its 26 years of working for the community, especially for early childhood.
- Condecoración Orquídea (Humane Care Merit Award) granted by the Medellín Council to Fundación Éxito in acknowledgment of its social work in favor of the total development of children.
- Premio Effie de plata en Mercadeo Relacional (the Effie Relational Marketing Silver Award) granted to Carulla for its campaign “Miércoles de Diamante” (“Diamond Wednesdays”) aimed at increasing customer records and supermarket sales through this loyalty program that acknowledges its best customers.