Ana María Ibáñez
At her 50 years, she has been an active member of the UN peacebuilding fund, the Academic Council of the Andes University, the advisory group for the World Bank’s Global Commission on Poverty and was part of the Advisory Group for the Fiscal Rule at the Colombian Ministry of Finance. Since April the 1st, she is part of the Inter-American Development Bank, as principal economic advisor of the Vice-presidency of Sectors and Knowledge.
• The Andes University - Colombia:
- Professor. 2014 - present.
- Dean of the School of Economics. 2012 – present.
- Director of the Center for Economic Development Studies. 2008 - 2012.
• Fedesarrollo - Colombia: Associate researcher. 2002 - 2003.
• World Bank - EE.UU: Consultant in the Department of Social Protection in Latin America. 2000 -2001.
• University of Maryland at College Park - EE.UU: Research assistant and teacher assistant. 1996 –1997.
• Inter-American Development Bank (BID) - EE.UU: Intern in 1996.
• Departamento Administrativo de Medio Ambiente (D.A.M.A) - Colombia: Sub-Director of Development. 1995.
• Ministry of Environment - Colombia:
- Advisor to the Vice Minister. 1994 - 1995.
- Advisor to the Office for International Cooperation. 1994.
• Central Bank - Colombia: Researcher. 1993 – 1994.
• National Association of Coffee Producers - Colombia: Economic Researcher. 1993.
• Mrs. Ibáñez has also participated and led forums and research on issues related to sustainability,
diversity, inclusion and women's leadership.
Recognitions and Distinctions:
• Juan Luis Londoño Award. 2010.
• Honourable Mention in Social Sciences awarded by the Fundación Alejandro Ángel Escobar. 2009.
• Japanese Award for Outstanding Research, awarded by the Global Development Network. 2005.
Board of directors/Collegiated bodies
Member to Board of Directors of:
• Almacenes Éxito S.A. Colombia. March of 2014 - present.
• Banco BBVA. Colombia. 2017 – 2019
• Fundación Éxito. 2016 – 2019
• Fundación Saldarriaga y Concha. 2013 - 2015.
Member of Directors’ Council or Collegiate Body:
• Academic Council of Andes University. 2012-2016.
• Assessment Group of the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund. 2013-2016
• World Bank’s Global Advisory Committee on Poverty. 2014-2015