Ana María Ibáñez Independent member
Mrs. Ibáñez holds a degree in Economy from the Andes University and a Master’s and Doctorate degree in Agricultural and Resource Economics from the University of Maryland at College Park. From 2012 to 2016, Mrs. Ibáñez was dean of the School of Economics at the Andes University, where is currently working as a professor. She has been invited as a professor by the Yale University, Princeton University and the Institute of Development Studies from the University of Sussex. She has worked as a researcher and consultant for: Fedesarrollo, World Bank, Andes University, University of Maryland at College Park, Inter-American Development Bank, Colombian Ministry of Environment, Central Bank, National Association of Coffee Producers and the magazine “Revista Estratégica, Económica y Financiera”. Mrs. Ibáñez has been director of 22 investigation projects, 11 of which have been financed by scholarships of international organizations, such as ESRC/DFID, BID, IDRC, Brookings Institution, the Ford Global Development Network, the European Union, USAID, and the World Bank. Mrs. Ibáñez has published 28 documents on international specialized magazines also included in national and international books.
At her 50 years, she has been an active member of the UN peacebuilding fund, the Academic Council of the Andes University, the advisory group for the World Bank’s Global Commission on Poverty and was part of the Advisory Group for the Fiscal Rule at the Colombian Ministry of Finance. Since April the 1st, she is part of the Inter-American Development Bank, as principal economic advisor of the Vice-presidency of Sectors and Knowledge.
• Participation in the conference “Cybersecurity: Understanding, strategic management, and quantification”. 2020.
• The Andes University - Colombia:
- Professor. 2014 - present.
- Dean of the School of Economics. 2012 – present.
- Director of the Center for Economic Development Studies. 2008 - 2012.
• Fedesarrollo - Colombia: Associate researcher. 2002 - 2003.
• World Bank - EE.UU: Consultant in the Department of Social Protection in Latin America. 2000 -2001.
• University of Maryland at College Park - EE.UU: Research assistant and teacher assistant. 1996 –1997.
• Inter-American Development Bank (BID) - EE.UU: Intern in 1996.
• Departamento Administrativo de Medio Ambiente (D.A.M.A) - Colombia: Sub-Director of Development. 1995.
• Ministry of Environment - Colombia:
- Advisor to the Vice Minister. 1994 - 1995.
- Advisor to the Office for International Cooperation. 1994.
• Central Bank - Colombia: Researcher. 1993 – 1994.
• National Association of Coffee Producers - Colombia: Economic Researcher. 1993.
• Mrs. Ibáñez has also participated and led forums and research on issues related to sustainability,
diversity, inclusion and women's leadership.
Recognitions and Distinctions:
• Juan Luis Londoño Award. 2010.
• Honourable Mention in Social Sciences awarded by the Fundación Alejandro Ángel Escobar. 2009.
• Japanese Award for Outstanding Research, awarded by the Global Development Network. 2005.
Board of directors/Collegiated bodies
Member to Board of Directors of:
• Almacenes Éxito S.A. Colombia. March of 2014 - present.
• Banco BBVA. Colombia. 2017 – 2019
• Fundación Éxito. 2016 – 2019
• Fundación Saldarriaga y Concha. 2013 - 2015.
Member of Directors’ Council or Collegiate Body:
• Academic Council of Andes University. 2012-2016.
• Assessment Group of the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund. 2013-2016.
• World Bank’s Global Advisory Committee on Poverty. 2014-2015.
Member to the Board of Director’s Committees:
• Audit and Risks Committee.
• Appointments, Remuneration and Corporate Governance Committee.
• Sustainability Committee.