Luis Fernando Alarcón Independent member
Mr. Alarcón has a degree in Civil Engineering from the Andes University and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering from MIT. Mr. Alarcón has served in major companies in Colombia such as: General Manager of Interconexión Eléctrica S.A.-ISA-, CEO of Asofondos and CEO of Flota Mercante Grancolombiana. Mr. Alarcón was Minister of Finance and Executive Director of the Inter-American Development Bank.
He has been a member of the boards of directors of renowned companies such as Avianca, Banco de Bogotá, Bolsa de Valores de Colombia, ISA, Bavaria, Caracol S.A., Cafesalud, Valores Bavaria, Caracol Televisión and Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. At his 69 years, he is the president of the Board of Directors of Almacenes Éxito S.A. and member of the Board of Directors of Eléctricas de Medellín Comercial (Edemco), Frontera Energy Corp., Fundación Plan and member of the Directors’ Council of Andes University.
• Participation in the conference “Cybersecurity: Understanding, strategic management, and quantification”. 2020.
• Interconexión Eléctrica S.A. -ISA- Colombia: General Manager. 2007-2015.
• Asofondos de Colombia: CEO. 2001-2007.
• Flota Mercante Gran Colombiana - Colombia: CEO. 1991-1997.
• Inter-American Development Bank - Colombia: Executive Director. 1990-1991.
• Minister of Finance - Colombia:1987 – 1990.
Board of directors/Collegiated bodies
President to the Board of Directors of:
• Almacenes Éxito S.A. 2015 - present.
• Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana. 2015 - 2020.
Member to the Board of Directors of:
• Eléctricas de Medellín Comercial - Edemco S.A.S. 2019- present
• Frontera Energy Corp. 2016 – present.
• Fundación Plan, 2015 – present.
• Emgesa S. A. 2017 – 2020.
• Cafesalud. 1993 – 1997
• Avianca. 1997 - 2001.
• Banco de Bogotá. 1997 - 2007.
• Bavaria: 1997 - 2001
• Valores Bavaria. 1998 - 2001.
• Caracol Televisión. 2000 - 2002.
• Caracol S.A. 2000 - 2002.
• Bolsa de Valores de Colombia. 2001 - 2007.
• Interconexión Eléctrica S. A. ISA. 2001 - 2007.
Member of Director’s Council:
• Andes University. 1997-present.
Member to the Board of Director’s Committees:
- Audit and Risks Committee.
- Appointments, Remuneration and Corporate Governance Committee.
- Business and Investment Committee.
- Financial Committee.