We are committed to leveraging and strengthening our relationship with suppliers. Therefore, we present our business and administrative goods and services suppliers with information that helps to achieve strong agreements that create joint value.
Good practices agreement:
This contains the unified agreement about good industry and business practices as well as consumer protection guided by ANDI, ACOPI and FENALCO.
This presents the commitment agreements that Grupo Éxito and its suppliers should subscribe to in order to establish and develop the business relationship smoothly
Certified deliveries manual:
We seek to eliminate repetition in verifications through the warranty offered by the supplier regarding the security of their process.
We present frequent concepts on the topic of negotiation in order to facilitate business relationships.
Gift acceptance policy:
This announces the rules on giving and accepting gifts at Grupo Éxito:
For the purposes of this policy a gift is considered any present, token, attention, tip, or other compensation given by clients, suppliers, people, entities, or institutions with which the organization does business or from which it receives services.
Almacenes Éxito S.A. recognizes that it is a regular business practice for its suppliers, clients, and all types of third parties that have business relationships with the Company to occasionally exchange gifts with people they do business with and with whom they maintain business relationships.
Nevertheless, it is the duty of every employee to avoid receiving gifts in the interest of showing that the business dealings of the Company fall under the framework of transparency and ethics (Ethics Code LSG-0051), which is to say that it does not constitute an obligation for the person receiving a gift to grant preferential treatment to the gift giver such as awarding contracts, better prices, or other more favorable business conditions.
Additionally, we try to avoid that the conduct of Almacenes Éxito S.A., or of people or businesses with whom they derive services in the commercial field, in the case that its existence be publicly known, be called into question.
The employees, administrators, directors, and high officials of Almacenes Éxito S.A. will not accept gifts from suppliers, customers, and/or any type of third party that sustains a commercial relationship with the Company when they have a value equal or greater to three (3) times the current daily minimum salary, even if it be of an advertising nature. Gifts received that exceed the limit previously stated will be remitted to the Fundación Éxito in conformity with the following detailed procedure:
- Upon receiving any gift, the person in charge of Document Management will contact the recipient so that he or she goes to the internal window, signs the reception log, verifies its contents and value, and, if it exceeds the established limit, leaves it to the disposition of Document Management so they in turn can relinquish it to the Fundación Éxito, where it will be entered into a registry of donated gifts. If the gift is received personally by the employee, it must be sent directly to the Fundación Éxito. The Ethics Committee can, during its regular meetings, ask to see the records of receiving and relinquishing of gifts in order to verify the compliance of this regulation.
- will be properly registered.
- The Fundación Éxito will turn in a report to the Amacenes Éxito S.A. Ethics Committee pertaining to gifts that have been received. It is prohibited to perform interior raffles for these gifts.
It is also prohibited to acquire gifts for this type of activity with the Company budget without authorization from the Vice President of Human Resources.
1. Invitations and other courtesies
On some occasions business invitations can perform an important role in strengthening work relationships between business partners. Thus, the employees of Almacenes Éxito S.A. can accept invitations offered for the purpose of legitimate business, such as creating goodwill and improving relationships with customers and suppliers, as long as said invitations:
- Are not frequent.
- Have authorization from the appropriate corporate manager or vice president.
- Are reasonable and appropriate in the context of a business occasion.
- Do not influence or give the impression of influencing the ability of the employee to act in the best interests of Almacenes Éxito S.A.
- Are not seen as excessive in the context of the business occasion.
- Include the presence of the person giving the invitation.
2. Accepting trips.
Rarely is it appropriate for the customers, suppliers, or any type of third party that maintains a business relationship with the Company to pay for trip expenses for an employee of Almacenes Éxito S.A. These offers from third parties should:
- Correspond exclusively to trips that have a business purpose for the Company. Be reviewed and approved by the respective Vice President or the President. Be reasonable, appropriate, and not seen as excessive in the context of the business occasion.
- Not influence or give the impression of influencing the ability of the employee to act in the best interests of Almacenes Éxito S.A.
- Once returning from the trip, the employee shall submit a document or report with the results and its application for the Company.
- Employees may not accept other invitations that are not properly established on the agenda of the trip, or hereafter organized and particularly aimed at Almacenes Éxito S.A., employees without proper authorization.
- Invitations should be performed at least to two company employees from different areas, to generate greater independence in decision-making.
Delivery of gifts by Almacenes Éxito S.A. to third-parties
- The delivery of gifts, presents, attentions, tips or courtesies by managers and employees of Almacenes Éxito, to third parties with whom business relations are conducted or to employees, are also governed by the limits established in this policy, except for commercial activities such as raffles, business events, promotions and those prize events organized through competitions to reward the skills and abilities, which are governed by their
- The gift-giving activities developed by the Vice President of Human Resources, organized to employees will be governed by their own regulations.
Employees, regardless of their position or function, who violate this policy, may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, the violation herein shall constitute a qualified fault deemed as serious misconduct entitling the Company even to terminate the employment contract for legal and regulatory just cause.